Friday, October 22, 2010

Post-Metal

This week I'm going to talk about the wonderful genre that is Post Metal, but first, I would like to apologize for the ugly default layout of my page, I'm going to work on it soon (I probably won't go to in depth with editing the page, but if I do, I will most likely try my luck with completely rearranging the page, possibly even tweaking it a bit by changing the HTML). Post-Metal is basically metal (usually, but not limited to, sludge or stoner metal) mixed with influences of post-rock and ambient. Some great examples of this would be the bands Rosetta:

Irreversible:

Callisto:

and Isis:

Well, that should be good for the day. I would explain the genre more, but I feel that understanding is best found through listening. Happy listening everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Ok man, I'm not sure I understand the meaning if the Isis song. I did watch the whole video though and I think I almost threw up in my mouth when they showed that guy's head hitting the surface. I'd need to listen to it more to get the meaning. Although, I think I understand a bit about the type of music it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, sorry I didn't really warn about the video. To be honest, the first time I watched it all the way through is when I saw your comment. Usually, I just play the song and don't pay attention to the video (a lot of metal videos are usually unrelated to the song anyways). I admit, it was a bit disturbing, but hey, you've always got to remember, it's just computer rendering!

    ReplyDelete